November 12, 2012 by tmlinn
Well I haven’t blogged in a bit. I know I have been coming and going in spurts and I apologize. The past two weeks have SUCKED because I’ve been sick with the toughest, longest and weirdest sickness I’ve ever had in my life. I’ll spare you the
gory snotty details.
However, I do come bearing good news! I am down 5 lbs! Now I know that doesn’t sound like a lot, but it is to me. See I was actually down 5 lbs three weeks ago and I was ecstatic. Then Frankenvirus came and reeked havoc on both my immune system and my appetite. I fluctuated two or three pounds during this period because I couldn’t workout. Of course I was totally bummed because I just started month two and all of a sudden I can’t breath so that means no HIIT training.
So to be honest I have not re-started Insanity yet. I plan to ASAP, but probably not on the same 7-day a week plan I used for month one because I would like to start training for a 5k. I have at least two (maybe three) 5k’s I would like to run at the beginning of the year so the time for training is now. I hope to start C25K, a wonderful beginners running program, tomorrow and plan to supplement Insanity on my off days to continue building my stamina and strength.
I’ve also been a major slacker on the Thirty in Thirty. Again I apologize. Here is your
daily, weekly, bi-weekly does of me.
Thirty in Thirty
Ten Pet Peeves
- I swear I’m not egotistical (at least not consciously) but I can’t stand it when I’m talking to someone and they won’t look me in the eyes!
- Turn off the lights when you leave the room please.
- Grammar and spelling. My grammar and spelling are not always perfect, but I get antsy when someone cannot spell well or consistently uses bad grammar. I just want to take out my teacher pencil and mark that stuff up!
- People who wear clothing that is obviously too small
- Distracted drivers
- Parents who do not watch their children
- People who do not cover their mouths when sneezing/coughing
- Littering. I’m sorry the world is not your trashcan.
- What is up with people that refer to themselves in the third person?
- People who do not clean up after themselves/their children in public areas
Describe a Typical Day
- 6:45AM – Wakeup
- 7:25AM – Breakfast
- 8:10AM – Noon – Classes
- Noon – 1:00PM – Lunch
- 1:10PM-4:10PM – More Classes
- 4:30PM-5:00PM NAP —> Much needed
- 5:00PM-6:00PM Study
- 6:00PMish – Dinner
- Spend the rest of the night with family/fiance and throwing in exercise whenever I get a moment.
- 11:30PM – Bedtime
5 Weaknesses You Have
- I care too much.
- I never learned how to “pick my battles”.
- I’m an emotional eater.
- I don’t always have faith in myself.
- When I am set on something (work, project, whatever) I can not turn it off.
5 Strengths You Have
- I am a hard worker.
- I speak up.
- I teach well.
- I am strong.
- I can multi-task –> Take that doctors who say there is no such thing!
If you were animal, what would you be and why?
- A bird so I could fly wherever I wanted to go. A raven specifically because I like Edgar Allan Poe. = )
And to hold you until next time, an inspirational picture!
Until next time,