October 29, 2012 by tmlinn
Haha so I had a cute little surprise waiting on me this morning on WordPress that made me smile. My good blogger friend Emile at http://inchbyinchandstepbystep.blogspot.ca/ nominated me for an award! Now it’s kind of baffling that someone thinks my journal of personal ramblings is worthy of being read much less any kind of recognition
But here it is:
It’s called the Liebster award and it’s awarded by bloggers to bloggers, specifically those with a following of less than 200. It’s basically a way to recognize the blogs that you really like to follow and get other people reading those blogs too! I could not be more honored or surprised that out of the whole wide world of blogging someone thought my little space was worthy of this.
So now that I’ve been nominated, I have to tell you 11 random things about myself that I haven’t covered so far. Then I have to answer 11 questions posed by the person who nominated me. When I finish all that I need to nominate 11 other bloggers whom I love to follow and who also have a following of less than 200 but whose pages I think deserve way more recognition. Then I will pose 11 questions for them to answer when they accept the award for themselves. Alright. Here we go!
11 Things You Don’t Know
- I hate cleaning, who doesn’t, right? But I do it anyways.
- I want to adopt one day. I want to have a biological child too but higher than that I feel God has called me to be an adoptive parent to at least once child not lucky enough to have loving or capable parents.
- I am experienced on three instruments (clarinet, trumpet and voice). I still want to learn guitar and piano.
- No matter how prepared I am I always get nervous before I teach or preach.
- If I could make one restaurant and all of it’s good food completely calorie, fat and carb free it would be Taco Bell. I LOVE their food but I just can’t eat healthy there because those Cantina bowls make me want to gag when compared to a delicious Crunchwrap supreme.
- I love animals. Currently I am the mommy to two rabbits (Luna and Luka) and one cat (Sheldon Thunder).
- I get very anxious and I’m super competitive. I get super pissed if anyone does something before me and lately that includes getting married. This pisses everyone off, especially the fiance, but I can’t help it.
- I am learning to scrapbook. So far I have two books one from mine and Aaron’s engagement photos and one from my college graduation.
- I LOVE to read. I don’t know if I’ve said this before but I can usually read a good book in a day, however when I added graduate school to the mix even the best book sometimes takes a couple days to a week.
- I am still afraid to shower home alone. I have the
irrationalfear that someone is surely going to walk in and get me. So the door is always locked.
- I have a chocolate obsession. Seriously it is uncontrollable. Chocolate may be the only Earthly substance I am certain I could never live without.
Questions from Emile
- What is your first and most clear childhood memory that you have?
- I have scattered memories of myself playing in my playpen at maybe two. Other than that I remember starting Kindergarten and that’s it.
2. If money and time were not issues, where would you travel and why?
- I would leave today and travel across Europe. I want to see everything from France to Greece and back again.
3. When you were little, what did you want to be when you “growed” up?
- I’m sure it changed about every year but some of the highlights were taxi driver, baker, teacher and veterinarian.
4. Where did you have your first kiss?
- In my living room.
5. What is the one thing in the world that no amount of money or coaxing could make you do?
6. What challenge will you conquer in 2013?
- I WILL run a 5k.
7. If you woke up on a deserted island tomorrow morning, what are the 3 most important things you’d want with you and why?
- My Kindle
- My Fiance
- An Internet Connection
8. Who do you not want to ever read your blog and why?
- Eh, I try to write my blog so anyone I know could read it. It is on the internet so I don’t write or share anything that would prevent me from being able to leave the house.
9. What was the catalyst that led you to blogging?
- Well I’ve tried it several times before but always gave up due to having no readers and no drive to write regularly. But when I found a great group of girls, many who blog, I decided to give it a go again. I love writing and sharing online.
10. What’s the one life lesson that you hope to teach your children/nieces/nephews etc.?
- To treat people how you want to be treated. Seriously I am a strong advocate against bullying. It has become so prevalent in our schools, neighborhoods and even for adults in their workplaces. I want to teach my family members that bullying may present itself as a way to gain acceptance and status but if it would hurt you to hear or experience it then you shouldn’t say or do it to anyone else.
11. What is your favorite place in the whole, entire world?
- Anywhere with my family, friends and the love of my life.
My 11 Nominees Are:
2. Tommy Conder http://realgospeltalk.wordpress.com/
4. Amy Oops lost your URL
5. Natalie http://www.skinnychicago.blogspot.com/
6. Malarie and Meggan http://naturallybare.blogspot.com/
7. Yvonne http://www.icommitforlife.blogspot.com/
8. Silvia http://www.girlplusthree.blogspot.com/
9. Stephanie http://askinnyjourney.blogspot.com/
10. Samantha http://www.thetroublewithart.blogspot.com/
11. Paige http://www.sayingnotocookies.blogspot.com/
My Questions To You:
- What do you consider you biggest daily struggle?
- What do you do for a living and why do you like it?
- What is your favorite food and why?
- What is your favorite TV show and why?
- If you could only save ONE material thing in a fire, what would it be?
- What “fads” have you subscribed to in your lifetime? (ie “parachute” pants)
- What one thing most reminds you of your childhood?
- What is your favorite thing to do when no one is around?
- Where is your favorite place in the whole, wide world?
- If a genie granted you three wishes right this minute, what would you wish for and why?
- What makes you happiest?
Whew! That’s it for my part folks! Thanks again to Emile for the nomination! I feel so honored!
Until next time,